Ford Racing announces the 2013 Cobra Jet specs- and fans get to pick the new color!
The new 2013 Cobra Jet Mustang has been unveiled and there are a few surprises, but no disappointments. The biggest is that rather than running the 5.4L as in previous model years, or going with the gnarly 6.2L in the new GT500, the CJ will be 5.0 powered.
Of course, the 2.9L blower on top should sop up any cubic inch deficiencies fairly quickly.
So what else do racers have to look forward to? Check out these updates and improvements for 2013;
• 5.0L TiVCT engine options:
• Naturally aspirated - Cobra Jet induction system, CNC ported heads, high lift cams, low-drag accessory drive
• Supercharged - 2.9L supercharger, CNC port matched manifold and heads, 10-rib accessory drive
• Lightened body assembly optimized for weight distribution
• Electric power steering - all the assist with no parasitic loss
• Rollcage optimized for rigidity & safety through finite element analysis (FEA)
• Recaro FIA race seats (pending NHRA approval)
• Improved brake pedal feel with revised pedal ratio
• Improved suspension geometry for optimum 60' times - derived from computer modeling and hundreds of 1/4-mile runs
As for the colors choice, Cobra Jets all roll out of the factory in one shade and Ford Racing has narrowed it down to three classic color choices; white, silver and black- but you get to pick which one actually gets sprayed.
So what should paint the new Cobra Jet? Vote online at fordracingparts.com/COBRAJET or the Ford Racing Facebook page
Want to buy one after you pick your color? The MSRP is tentatively set at $86,000 with naturally aspirated 5.0L and $93,000 with supercharged 5.0L. Don't think about it too long though; production is limited to 50 units on first-come first-served basis and these bad boys sell out very quickly every year!
Ford Racing Performance Parts