Year One has started their own line of crate engines, here's one of them.
Year one is a major supplier of reproduction and aftermarket parts for our precious GM cars and trucks. For some models, you can build a car from the ground up only using items from Year One. With this in mind, Year One has introduced a line of crate engines.
They range from 300- 500 horsepower.
The one I really like is the Tork 383. It's a 430 horsepower/ 460 ft-lb of toque 383 that sells for only $4,689. The great thing about this engine is it's nothing too fancy or finicky, but makes reliable solid power, gets decent gas mileage, and even comes with a 12-month 12,000-mile warranty.
* Horsepower- 430
* Torque- 460 ft/lbs
* Compression Ratio- 9.3:1
* Recommended Fuel- 92 octane
* Max Recommended RPM- 5800
* Block- 4-bolt iron
* Crankshaft- Nodular iron
* Pistons- SQ Tri-Level hypereutectic
* Connecting Rods- Forged I-beam steel
* Camshaft- Hydraulic roller
* Valve lift (intake/exhaust):.540"/.540"
* Duration @ .050" (intake/exhaust): 234deg/234deg
* Rocker arms- 1.6:1 ratio
* Cylinder Heads- 61cc Vortec. Hand worked.
* Bore x Stroke- 4.03" x 3.75"
* Intake Manifold- Dual plane aluminum
* Warranty- 12 month/12,000 miles