Project X, the most famous magazine project car of all time is set to debut its newest incarnation October 30th at SEMA, after a complete rebuild with the help of GM Performance Parts.
Project X was first acquired in 1965 by the staff of PHR, they couldn't think of a name for it someone said Project X and it stuck. Since its inception as a project car for PHR it has seen 90 editorials, and 19 magazine covers. The car graced the silver screen in the 1980 film Hollywood Knights.
The newest version of Project X will feature:
- Redesigned/fabricated/modified frame/suspension/drivetrain
- Redesigned/refined the hood/hood hinge/radiator core support
- Redesigned/modified the door window sheetmetal
- Redesigned/fabricated the rear wheelwells/floor sheetmetal
- Multiple appearance innovations that incorporate 50 years of GM Design cues
- Vehicle built to immaculate 'international car show' standards